What Beads Should I Use for Peyote Stitch


What beads should I use?



I’ve taught classes in peyote stitch for some years. I used to give out a materials list and it never failed that even though I stressed “Miyuki Delica Beads” someone always showed up to class with cheap seed beads. The deal with Delica beads is that they are extremely uniform in size and shape making a smooth, soft and flexible piece.
I used to live in Maine so I purchased from Caravan Beads in Portland, Maine. When I moved to Vermont, there wasn’t a bead store for miles. I stayed with Caravan and began doing mail order. They have nearly every color, their shipping is really quick and the prices for bulk are the best around. If you have a business, send them your resale license or business license and get a wholesale account.

I buy all my beads in either the full pack (250 grams) or half pack and then tube them up for classes because now I charge for the materials in my classes so everyone has the right ones.
So... if you want a smooth, even, flexible, fabric-like piece, stick with Delicas.

This does not apply to Freeform Peyote, which we'll be getting onto later. 

Make sure you check out my patterns in my Etsy shop!

Comments

Popular Posts